2021 Santa Cruz Hightower 2 AL 29 R-Kit
80144Regular price $3,999.00 Save $-150.00
*Santa Cruz Bicycles are in-store pickup only, NO SHIPPING*
The Hightower has been a does-it-all-well trail bike since its inception. More maneuverable than its longer-travel sibling, the Megatower, and more at home in the steep-and-chunky than its snappy cousin Tallboy, Hightower excels when the route covers 'all points in between,' and descents come courtesy of some big climbs.
A slacker 65-degree head tube angle and 145-millimeters of rear travel complemented by a 150-millimeter front end give Hightower just a bit more front and rear travel over the first-generation model. Balancing stiffness and weight savings in all the right places is a hallmark of all Santa Cruz carbon frames and the Hightower flies the flag yet higher. The advanced composite chassis tracks well across all trail surfaces, holds a line, and is reactive to rider directions while isolating pedal-influenced inputs.
The Hightower also has a bonus disc to heighten the experience--the flip-chip. In the High setting, the BB height is a little higher for those tricky tech trails and/or when plus-sized tires are required. In the Low position, the shock rate is more progressive, to provide additional bottom-out resistance. Whatever mood you're in, the tone of the Hightower can be adapted to meet your individual taste.
There's refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub. On top of that, there's a tailgate shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock fender, and noise-canceling chainstay protector to keep things quiet.
The lifetime frame warranty and the lifetime pivot-bearing replacement policy assures that the Hightower will keep delivering the hits for years to come.
- Kit: R
- Material: Aluminum
- Fork: RockShox Yari RC, 150mm, 29"
- Shock: FOX Float Performance DPS
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle 148 DUB, 30t
- Cassette: SRAM PB1230, 12spd, 11-50t
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm
- Brakes: SRAM G2 R
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars: RaceFace Aeffect R
- Stem: RaceFace Ride
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub: SRAM MTH 716, 15X110, Torque Cap, 32h
- Rear Hub: SRAM MTH 746, 12x148,32h
- Rims: WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0 29"
- Spokes: Sapim Race
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4", 3C, MaxxGRIP, EXO, TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR 29"x2.4", 3C, EXO, TR
- Tubes: Stan's Sealant
- Seat Post: SDG Tellis
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race Saddle